My Favorite Links
Here you will find a list of my favorite Web Links. I will be adding to this list as we move forward. I hope that you will find these sites as interesting as I do.
- DS Marine Surveys This my company site. Of course its listed at the top.
- The Whitby Yacht Club My home port. Located about 30 minutes east of Toronto on the North Shore of Lake Ontatio.
- The Soceity of Accredited Marine Surveyors The best marine surveyor organization on the planet, Bar none!!!!
- American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) These guys re-search and write almost all of the current marine construction and safety standards in use today. No self-respecting marine surveyor would consider operating without a full working knowledge of these.
- Transport Canada TP1332 The Canadian Version of the ABYC standards. Note how often that the ABYC standards are refrenced.
- Dudley Dix Yacht Designs Dudley designs mostly for home and amateur builders. If you’re looking for or re-searching a project, from big to small you’ll find something of interest here. He also maintains a couple of blogs at http://dudleydix.blogspot.ca/ and http://boatbuilder-tips.blogspot.ca/
- http://www.hmy.com/boating-and-yacht-safety-for-all-age-levels A US Yacht Broker with pages pertaining to boating safety and navigation info.
- http://www.ontariosailormagazine.ca/ Ontario Sailor Magazine A local publication with lots of sailing news in Southern Ontario
- http://www.electricshockdrowning.org/ This site is operated by Kevin Ritz who has a very deep connection to this issue.
- http://www.boatus.com/seaworthy/magazine/2013/july/electric-shock-drowning-explained.asp A very good article by Boat US which offers a very good description on how to inspect for electrical leakage aboard boats.
- http://www.boatingmag.com/how-to/electric-shock-drowning-prevention More good information.